Graduating Student Week: Chocolate chip banana bread
Yield: 6-8 servings
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon set aside
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray or coat with butter.
2. In a bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and Kosher salt.
3. In another bowl, mix together sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add bananas and mix until combined. Set aside.
4. Add dry ingredients to bowl with bananas. Mix until smooth.
5. Coat chocolate chips with remaining one tablespoon of flour. Fold chocolate chips into batter.
6. Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake for approximately one hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.