Mushroom dan dan noodles
Yield: 4-6 servings
For the mushrooms
1 tablespoon black vinegar
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 pound shiitake mushroom caps, sliced into ¼-inch strips
For the dan dan sauce
1/4 cup Sriracha
1/4 cup tahini paste
1/4 cup low sodium tamari
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground Szechuan peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon light brown sugar
2 tablespoons liquid aminos
24-ounce package of ramen or soba noodles
1/2 cup scallions, chopped
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine black vinegar, sesame oil, white pepper, garlic, ginger, five spice powder and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
2. Toss mushrooms in sauce and place in a single layer on a sheet tray. Roast in oven, about ten minutes or until the mushrooms start to get crispy.
3. In a small pot, whisk together all ingredients for dan dan sauce. Heat over low heat.
4. For the noodles, follow package instructions. Drain and place into a large serving bowl, or individual bowls. Toss noodles with sauce to coat evenly.
5. Top with roasted mushrooms and scallions.