Super Brunch: Italian wild nachos
3 bags of pita chips
1 1/2 pounds of Hot Italian Sausage casing removed
1 package of grape tomatoes sliced
2 tbsp. chopped basil
2 cloves of minced garlic
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 jar of pickled hot peppers packed in oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Method of preparation:
1. In a skillet, over medium heat cook the sausage until all of the pink is gone
2. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes,basil,garlic,oil and vinegar and mix well.
3. Spread the Pita chips on a large oven proof platter and top with the sausage meat.
4. Next top with the sliced tomatoes, then dot the hot peppers on top then cover with parmesan cheese and pop in a 400 oven for 3 min just barely heat. Serve at once.
5. Using grated cheese will be easier to eat as the cheese doesn’t become like glue when it chills.