Theme weeks stack the deck for Rhode Island Comic Con
We’re closing in on Rhode Island Comic Con 2017, now less than 100 days away.
Over the past several weeks, convention organizers have announced a stream of celebrity guests, one pop culture property at a time.
RICC boasts a bigger lineup of stars from AMC's "The Walking Dead," as announced during Walker Week:
- Jeremy Palko - “Andy” from The Hilltop
- Tom Payne - “Jesus”
- Khary Payton - “King Ezekiel”
- Jon Bernthal - “Shane Walsh”
- Michael Cudlitz - “Abraham Ford”
- Lennie James - “Morgan Jones”
- David Morrissey - “The Governor”
- Michael Koske - various ‘walkers’
Add to that list, the previously announced Norman Reedus, who plays fan-favorite Darryl Dixon, and you’ve got a stellar lineup to represent the show. Timely, too, as the new season will have only started a couple of weeks before the convention.
A mainstay of any convention worth visiting, RICC made a slew of announcements during "Star Trek" Week, as well:
- Brent Spiner - “Data”
- Marina Sirtis - “Deanna Troi”
- Levar Burton - “Lt. Comm. Geordi La Forge”
- Jonathan Frakes - “Comm. William Riker”
- Michael Dorn - “Worf”
- Gates McFadden - “Dr. Beverly Crusher”
RICC is also promising a reunion of the cast of the 1984 comedy, "Revenge of the Nerds." While Curtis Armstrong ("Booger") was featured last year, he’s joined this time around by:
- Brian Tochi - “Takashi”
- Robert Carradine - “Lewis Skolnick”
- Andrew Cassesse - “Wormser”
- Larry Scott - “Lamar”
- Donald Gibb - “Ogre”
- Julie Montgomery - “Betty Childs”
- Ted McGinley - “Stan Gable”
These announcements - and others - have pushed the number of celebrity guests well over 50. It’s clear RICC is pushing to make this the biggest convention yet.
Stay tuned to its Facebook page, as more guests are being announced each week. The artist roster is growing, too, with some impressive names planning to appear in Rhode Island.
Also, be sure to check out the RICC website, which already has pricing information for professional photo opportunities and autographs. More information on panels and other events will be added between now and November.
Be aware, the cancellations have already begun, as well. Josh McDermitt, Alan Tudyk, Steve Guttenberg and R.J. Cyler have all had to back out.
Tickets are available now for Rhode Island Comic Con, Nov. 10-12 at the Dunkin' Donuts Center and the Rhode Island Convention Center.