National Grid was working to repair a natural gas leak that happened outside of Lehigh Metals Corporation in Providence Sunday evening.
The Providence Fire Department and National Grid were called to Lehigh Street at Allens Avenue at 4:21 p.m. for a reported gas odor.
Providence fire said that the area had high natural gas readings outside of the building.
National Grid and the Special Hazards Unit went into the building with meters to check for natural gas, but no readings were made.
Officals said National Grid called in crews to dig up a part of Allens Avenue to test for gas leakage.
National Grid is currently investigating the cause of the leak and where it came from.