(WJAR) — Many south coast Massachusetts communities woke up without drinkable water on Thursday morning after potentially dangerous E. Coli was discovered at a local water plant.
E. Coli spread to surrounding communities from a water treatment plant in Mattapoisett. The water district says the discovery was made during routine water sample collections.
Residents of Mattapoisett, Fairhaven, Marion, and Rochester are advised to only use bottled or boiled water for the time being.
NBC10 learned from residents going to grab their bottled water last night that it's an inconvenience and not the first time this has happened.